Workshop at OFC 2020
The WON Technical Coordinator Dr. Antonio Napoli (Infinera, Germany) together with Takayuki Mizuno (NTT Network Innovation Laboratories, Japan) and Mark Filer, Microsoft, USA co-organising a workshop “Network Analytics in the Age of Machine Learning: How to Share Data and Maximize Synergies Among Transport Systems and Network Operators” at OFC 2020 that will take place in San Diego, California, USA in March 2020.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)-based network planning and operation will play an important role in the next generation optical fiber communications. In future optical networks, every player will produce an enormous amount of data, and anyone might have access to those data. For the entire system to work properly, access to data is mandatory, but on the other hand, access to some data must be regulated.
This opens up important questions to be discussed:
- AI does not work with a partial set of data.
- How do we get all the required data worldwide?
- Who owns the required data?
- Can these data be shared? If yes, how and under which conditions / regulations will we share the data?
- How do we assure trust and anonymity of the data?
- Which organization will regulate the “data market” and which institution will standardize it?
More details about the Workshop here.