Mr. Gabriele Di Rosa
ESR in VPIphotonics
Gabriele received his M.Sc. in 2019 in Electronic Engineering at Politecnico di Torino, Italy and in Electrical Engineering at KTH, Sweden in the frame of a double degree project between two universities. Gabriele’s master thesis was focused on the impact of transmitter distortion on coherent optical network and was carried out at KTH in partnership with Finisar AB, where he continued the work for a short period of time before moving to VPIphotonics in Berlin to participate in the WON project.
Early-Stage Researcher 6
Title: Efficient modelling of high-capacity wideband transmission systems
Overview: The ESR is expected to pursue a PhD on the topic of “Efficient modelling of high-capacity wideband transmission systems”. The main goal is to identify and implement novel modelling techniques and design methods addressing wideband transmission and high-volume data processing using the advantages of latest photonics and digital/analogue electronics technologies.
- Host institution: VPIphotonics GmbH
- PhD Enrolment: Technical University of Berlin
- Main supervisor: Prof. Ronald Freund
- Industrial Mentor: Dr. Andre Richter
- Secondments: Aston University, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, Danmarks Tekniske Universitet DTU